1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brixton Beer Company

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by wemakeyousoundb, Mar 6, 2012.

1. wemakeyousoundb

wemakeyousoundb and calm again

(surprisingly) I couldn't find a thread on this (pogo me if wrong):
    city farmers bring you the Brixton Beer Company

Any green handed urbanites can help, there is an update on the project from earlier in February.

What do you all think?

2. editor

editor Like an ultra left hatboy on heat

It's a great project.

3. shakespearegirl

shakespearegirl just worked out taglines

We are getting 2 plants

4. wemakeyousoundb

I'd like to get involved but I have a hand of doom for anything that grows rather than a green hand so I think I'll abstain; which is a shame as there sure is a lot of available space for growing in the GT which the last lot of people seem to have abandoned too.

5. Janh

Janh signs might be omens

I'll help... with the drinking.

6. wemakeyousoundb

no growing no free drinking

7. Janh

Janh signs might be omens

I'm happy to pay my way.

8. leanderman

leanderman Tired

Brixton needs a brewery. I know of only one, a micro-brewery thing at the Florence, which is really Herne Hill.

Janh likes this.
  9. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

Can't get the poxy link to work right now, but that's supposed to be http://www.florencehernehill.com I think ... maybe that URL is out of date? :confused:

10. jezg

jezg Well-Known Member

Has anyone been contacted by CF re. the growing kit, I replied to their initial post back in Nov 2011 but haven't been contacted since, am keen to join in the growing fun.

11. shakespearegirl

shakespearegirl just worked out taglines

I got an email a couple of days ago. Sent you a pm with the address

12. jezg

jezg Well-Known Member

Thanks, have emailed them.

13. mr steev

mr steev unkempt clacker

Sounds like a great idea. I have a mate who grows hops in his back garden and makes his own beer with them. They do grow very tall though

14. Helen CF

Helen CF Active Member

This is Helen from City Farmers (hello!) and we'll be growing a dwarf variety, so it'll reach 6ft ish.

We still have a few hops kits left that we'll be distributing on Saturday afternoon at the Stockwell Green Fair so do get in touch if you fancy growing. Our partner brewer will be the Peter at the Florence. He took over about a year ago and is starting to brew his own recipes - he really knows his stuff!

I'm drafting the final information email to send out this afternoon, with slightly dodgy video and everything.

We're very excited! Here's a great article about the project and urban hops in general by Rob Hopkins who started the Transition Movement. transitionculture.org/2012/02/20/when-the-hop-fields-come-to-town/

15. Helen CF

Helen CF Active Member

Oh I should add my email really. helen[at]city-farmers.co.uk

16. editor

editor Like an ultra left hatboy on heat

I had to look up where the Stockwell Green Fair was. I assume it's this one?

Sat 17th March
    A Taste of South Lambeth Market
    Spring Green Fair, Paradise Memorial Garden, Surridge Court, London SW9 9AG – at the back of Stockwell Piazza

17. Helen CF

Helen CF Active Member

Yeah that's it. We'll be at the Incredible Edible Lambeth stall with goody bags :)