1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BooMTown 2011 - chapter 3

Discussion in 'festivals' started by The Mayor, Jan 17, 2011.

1. sim667

sim667 Licking windows on the 303 bus.

I know, all i could think of was the peckham terminator :(

2. The Mayor

The Mayor Town Info Point!!

bit of info for you !

hey everyone,

I have been asked to make people aware that there are now coaches running from Nottingham, Sheffield, Manchester, Brighton, and Southampton for anyone wanting as easy ride

and please check out the new video clip -

xx

3. Crispy

Crispy Fond of drink and industry

How are ticket sales? Should i get a move on?

4. Crispy

I got a move on :)
    Tickets bought

5. stuff_it

stuff_it Nerd burglar

Best to, esp if you want a 'camper van' ticket as well. I paid the deposit and the camper pass last month.

Apparently the vehicle passes go quite fast (they did last year) so anyone else hoping to get one should also get a move on.

Looks like it is going to be so full of WIN :)

6. Crispy

I'm strictly canvas. *fist chest thump*

7. stuff_it

stuff_it Nerd burglar

I may have to bake some delicious cake in ma oven while i'm there :p

8. The_Reverend_M

The_Reverend_M More bass, vicar?

:cool:

9. Riklet

Riklet procrastinación

Boomtown has got the line-up of the season IMO. Work involves doing longer shifts now though, so I haven't sorted that, but I still might well be up for it. Maybe.

10. The Mayor

Babylon Circus added for Sunday night main stage closure peeps - probably the best live band I have ever seen !!! sooooo happy about this

Plus Arcadia and general Mutoid crew back on board for full site site decor and general madmax antics

And for the slightly more hardcore our good friends at overkill are taking over the Bodyshop on Saturday night - more info here

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/11/110414e.shtml

xx

11. Crispy

Chris liberator! :)
    This festival gets better and better.

12. stuff_it

stuff_it Nerd burglar

\o/

I haven't seen him for ages :)

13. zora

zora true to the crab

14. The Mayor

Secret guest !!

Hi Guys, you may or may not know but BAD MANNERS have just been confirmed for boomtown this year - they picked us over a whole load of other festivals as their choice UK Summer Festy!! shall be a banger :)

15. sim667

Me & The vikster are greening it up, althought she's talking about going to the dark side (peppermint bars) so she can choose her shifts.

This makes simbo a happy boy :)

16. stuff_it

stuff_it Nerd burglar

Paid in full :)

17. Sunray

Sunray Its sunny somewhere.

That's quite tempting, overkill on the sat night. Might green steward this but go on the Sunday evening, save that day.

18. stuff_it

stuff_it Nerd burglar

Over doing it on the Saturday is what festivals are about.

19. paolo

paolo Well-Known Member

At Boomtown, it appears to be about overdoing it roughly 4 minutes after arriving. :eek: :)

20. stuff_it

stuff_it Nerd burglar

I have no problem with this scenario. ;)

21. I'm going as guest of a performer *feels smug*

I'm well chuffed... first proper festie in about 3 years.

22. stuff_it

stuff_it Nerd burglar

Been listening to the Boomtown Fair mixtapes on mixcloud. I'm all excited now....too long to wait! Argh!

23. ringo

ringo Macaroni cheese controller

Just bought our tickets, wicked reggae line up. I get the impression this is quite a full on festival, hope the family camping is slightly separated from the rest - hadn't intended taking the littluns to a proper get munted festival yet, but I'm sure they'll manage.

24. sim667

Yeah there is a completely seperate family camping field. As for the kids field it wasnt great last year (not a patch on shambala anyway), but there was some fun stuff to do for them, some wicked sculptures and stuff around im sure they could climb all over...... I would say it gets proper clogged up at points moving round the site, so thats something worth bearing in mind if they're following you.

25. Riklet

Riklet procrastinación

I'm tempted to try n work it or buy a ticket, had an ace time last year. I just don't want to do festivals all summer, so i'm a a bit wary about making august a festival-y one again.

...So bloody tempted though. What a line up, n a friend's band are playing...

26. sim667

Fuck it, might aswell ;)

27. stuff_it

stuff_it Nerd burglar

It will be epic, I reckon.

28. Ground Elder

Ground Elder Well-Known Member

Few festival kids' areas aren't as good as Shambala. Last year's Boomtown was the quietest kids' area we've ever done - the family camping field had about five tents in it. They don't want us back this year :(

29. sim667

Are they not advertising it as a family festie then?

30. stuff_it

stuff_it Nerd burglar

Dunno, thy have a kids area and family camping. I guess everyone knows it's an epic munter-fest by now though. Perhaps they just fancy getting someone else in? The number of people turning up with kids isn't that related to who does the area, and let's face it you're not going to Boomtown for the kids area even if you take your kids, you are there for the music.

I know plenty of people taking kids.

Who IS doing the kiddy area this year then?