1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beatherder Festival

Discussion in 'festivals' started by Shirl, Apr 6, 2009.

1. kevkaos

kevkaos Well-Known Member

2. pogofish

pogofish Testicle Hairstyle

I'm all packed & ready to head for the train tomorrow.

Which was traumatic enough cos I had to stop for three hours to calm down a pal whose car had just been totalled by some guy who was paying too much attention to his satnav instead of the road.

3. Kaka Tim

Kaka Tim Ready to Riot

Ive got a spare one we need to flog for petrol money - pm me.

Im in leeds if thats any help.

4. sojourner

sojourner Lord of the Ponce

Jesus - have you seen the forecast for tomorrow? :mad:

I'm gonna have to wait in me car til it stops lashing it down long enough to put a tent up!

5. pogofish

Nope but it is glorious here.

Last firecast I saw was for the worst of it to pass today, leaving it cooler fro tomorrow.

Just pulling out of Arbroth now. Ready to wave in Gemini's direction! :)

6. sojourner

Reheated rice for tea mate, that okay?

;):D

Cooler - yes, it will be cooler. And very very wet

7. pogofish

:hmm: :D

I should have packed my waterproof overtrousers tnen. :(

8. Shirl

Shirl Well-Known Member

Wolfie's packing the van and I'm diggin' out me wellies. See ya there folks :D

9. cyberfairy

cyberfairy http://unicycle-emptiness.co.uk/

woo! i have packed the tu-tus :cool:n hopefully see you there:cool:

10. cyberfairy

Only light showers for sat and sun though :) Possibly. Be better than blazing heat imo.

11. Bingo

Bingo Shitty-shoed bastard

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Packin at mo setting off at 9 bells in the am... can't WAIT!

12. PursuedByBears

PursuedByBears Freedom train rider

Finished packing the car, will be getting there mid-afternoon :cool:

13. pogofish

Pitched in the pissing rain but it seems to be settling, so all looks good. :)

14. pogofish

Festival mental, in all the good ways.

I'm minced! :D

15. moose

moose Sat here like Piffy on a rock bun

:D I'm sure there are people who are worse off than you. *glances at Shirl and Soj*

16. tangerinedream

tangerinedream Density of Sound

I fuckin' love beatherder...

Got back last night, had to leave on sunday night, which was the only dampener on a lovely weekend, really, really lovely time in a beautiful spot with lots of friendly people and tunes...

My best bits were in no particular order, Pendle Coven (actually, that was my favouritist thing I've seen live for about a year, fuckin' awesome they were), The Bushrocker Family Hifi thingy, the Monkey Wrenches' romanian tune, Beardyman being more than just a novelty and actually pretty good, the view across the valley at 4.30 in the morning, getting a kiss off sojourner in the working mens club! Jah Mission Vibes (only saw about 10 mins of them but, wow!) seeing Fenny from On't Wire, other stuff too

So glad I went, loved virtually every second of it. :cool::cool::cool:

[​IMG]
    teh aforementioned mist

Off to work now :(.... (hence having to come back) Hope them people from here what went enjoyed it and maybe saw the amazing Mrs Cakehead...

17. cyberfairy

I so wanted to see Banco:( It were ace though-despite horrific sunburn. The Young Punx and The Monkeywrenches were fab as were clothes for a pound and the enormous vodkas sold as standard. What more could you ask for?:cool: Nice to see some Urbs as well:)

18. silver

silver out of time

What a totally fabby little festival!! :D

19. sojourner

Back, clean, and still grinning from ear to ear. What a fucking fantastic little festie - that's me going back every year as long as it runs :cool:

Highlights:

Monkeywrenchers - both Friday evening and Sunday afternoon. Even better Sunday afternoon as it was a main stage/blazing sunshine/tequila/good weed/blissfully happy hour or so :cool: Cracking band - never expected to hear Rebel Girl at a dancey kind of festie

Toiltrees - quality class of northern nutter in them there parts. Me and me mate Bob spent a LOT of time up there, chatting shite to tons of ace people in various states of twattedness :D

Stone Circle - any time, any day, with the best fire in the world. 5am Saturday morning, blithering about the magic of fire (oh dear), watching the day wake up. Saturday night about midnight - an impromptu bongo 'happening' - one bloke started playing (so I obviously got my cynical face on), and then about 10 other people meandered over and started playing, there was a fiddle player just started, and then some woman singing - fucking QUALITY.

Beardyman - wow. Had a good old fucking dance to him. Excellent.

Sunday afternoon/evening in the Smoky Tentacles tent listening to a brilliant, obviously classically-trained, guitarist, singing some sort of bliss-inducing music. The entire tent slowly relaxed so much we were almost asleep by the end of it :D

Meeting up with the lovely cyberfairy and cheeky tangerinedream, Pursuedbybears and family, Tim of course, and the usual suspects. Being given a bottle of good gold tequila by pogo, just for putting him up. You can come again mate! Got the bestest mad frenzied kiss off Shirl when we finally tracked her down :D

So many fab people, so friendly, really good use of the space on site, and a gorgeous setting. weather was nuts - blazing sunshine and then rain showers of biblical proportions !

Glad I'm off today and tomorrow

20. pogofish

I'm sill smiling too. Despite still sitting in the airport. Flight delayed.

Security took a long hard look at Mr Manky here before letting me through unmolested. The queue behind me were convinced I was about to get it. :hmm:

21. sojourner

how longs the delay mate? hope it's not too long. i'd be at the bar if i was you :D

eh, you didn't look manky at all - they have obviously raised the standard at liverpool ;):D

22. pogofish

As soon as I walked into the place, some woman looked at me in horror & said "Ooh, look at the state of him!" :oops:

Been propping up the bar/coffeeshop for a while now - Its right by the gate. :)

23. sojourner

heh - it's probably more the smell of spilled beer and woodsmoke that did it ;)

i got a few looks in the tesco before - again i think it was more the aromas surrounding me that did it. that and wearing a pink sunhat when it was a-storming outside

24. Shirl

Shirl Well-Known Member

Well that was nice :)

I'm sure Tort will be putting some photos up soon.............. I've just remembered after typing that last sentence that I didn't even take my sodding camera :oops:

To be honest I didn't enjoy the live bands this year as much as last year. maybe I wasn't in the mood or summat :confused:

I only caught the last couple of minutes of the Monkeywrenchers but I liked what I saw and heard, especially that bald bloke :D

I really loved Beardyman although I didn't expect to. I liked the sound from Banco di Gia but watching a bloke with a couple of laptops doesn't really do it for me.

I enjoyed Mik Artistik and although I've seen him a few times before he did some new stuff on Sunday.

We spent a lot of time in Trailer Trash were there were some really good dj's playing (and some straw bales to crash on when you were knackered)

Up in the Toiltrees was something special late Sunday night, the light through the trees was all mystical and all the bollocks. I hadn't even had any drugs either!

Lovely to see other urbans, specially soj x

We'll be back again next year and I'll be demanding that them there 'Ot Pots 'll be playing :D

eta especially lovely to see all other urbs but soj does the best snogs!

eta again. I am NOT on the turn!

25. sojourner

fucking hippy ;) you sooo don't look like one :D

what the fuck happened to lou? didn't see her all weekend after friday night

26. cyberfairy

I reckon its one of those festivals that you have to go back and back to-completely put me off going to any huge one again-i love cheap nice food like enormous curries for three quid, bumping into the same people and having a bimble instead of a trek and so friendly as well-and such enormous amounts of muntedness:cool:

27. Shirl

Shirl Well-Known Member

She got drunk and disorderly in the Trailertrash tent on Friday night and kept a low profile after that :rolleyes: She slept through from 11am Saturday 'til noon Sunday! :D

28. pogofish

Well, back a bit late but that bath felt very good indeed. :D

Yes, Ciberfairy. I agree fully. :)

Splendid flight back in a tiny prop driven plane with a complementary bar, that really bounced around in the storm just before landing. It may not be the ideal way to get back from a festival (Work commitments ruled out any other form of PT, Unlikely to get back on time) but it was fun. :)

29. Kaka Tim

Kaka Tim Ready to Riot

Wha- hey!

total blast. First time we've played a big proper festival stage and is was ace. Really chuffed with reaction and thanks for all the nice comments folks.

Great festival. No dickheads, very chilled, well organsied, freindly folk, lots going on.

Best bits for me - really good young trio playing 60s mod stuff and sounding like the Jam, Mick Artistic and Captain Hotknives.

30. sojourner

Bloody ell - in THAT heat? :eek::D Tell her from me she's a fucking lightweight ;)