1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BeatHerder 2012

Discussion in 'festivals' started by Supine, Feb 1, 2012.

1. strange-fish

strange-fish no decisions...

Quick must go out and panic buy tequila :rolleyes:
    Shirl and sojourner like this.
  2. Teaboy

Teaboy Tryhard wannabe

On the recommendations of people on this here thread I'm going to give this one a go this year. My only reservations are the north west weather and how much fuel its going to cost from London, ah well fuck it, I want to go raving in the woods.
    Shirl likes this.
  3. Teaboy

Teaboy Tryhard wannabe

I have a couple of questions for those who went last year. Firstly how far is the car park from the camp site? And secondly how crowded is the campsite?

Cheers for any answers.
  4. strange-fish

Not far - but depends on what time you get there - but it is not a massive site.
    See here pics of campsite
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/74497919@N07/6710797961/
  5. Teaboy

Teaboy Tryhard wannabe

Cheers for the photo. So the campsite is not to crowded and the walk is around 10 minutes? I'm just trying to workout how much stuff I can bring. Me and some friends have opted to stay overnight in a hotel on the thursday so we can break up the journey from London and get to the site nice and early. Only £19 for a room in a travelodge nearby.
  6. PursuedByBears

PursuedByBears Freedom train rider

Bear in mind that although you can get into the campsite from about mid-day on Friday the main arena doesn't open until 4-5pm.
  7. Teaboy

Teaboy Tryhard wannabe

Yeah cheers, I saw that on the website. I think the campsite opens at 9am, I do like to get there quite early, get the tent up and crack open a couple of cans - normally one of the best times of a festival for me, probably because its the only time I don't feel shite.
  8. kevkaos

kevkaos Well-Known Member

campsite got very crowded last year, cant wait...bring on the summer!!![​IMG]
    (the campsite is the top left,bottom left is crew,top right/middle/half of screen is live in )
  9. Teaboy

Teaboy Tryhard wannabe

Thats a great photo. Cheers for that.

Its strange how you picture things in your mind but then when you see them for real its completly different, I'm loving the trees in the middle, pretty unusual place to have a stage.
  10. kevkaos

wish this would hurry up....
  11. Shirl

Shirl donkey dory

The trees in the middle make a great place for a stage and at night in there it's just amazing :cool:
  12. Shirl

Shirl donkey dory

There's going to be Thai food in the Perfumed Garden this :cool:
  13. moose

moose with the voice of Roger Tilling

Bleugh!!!! That's a shame, those butties were great.
  14. Shirl

Shirl donkey dory

Nowt wrong with Thai butties :D
  15. PursuedByBears

PursuedByBears Freedom train rider

We've decided to give Beat Herder a miss this year, mainly because we need to save some money but also because we were surrounded by horrible horrible people in the campsite last year and it was awful, particularly with a small child. Reluctant to go again until they expand the camping area. Shame, as I really like the festival itself.
  16. sojourner

sojourner Lord of the Ponce

Aww, that IS shame mate - was looking forward to bumping into you again.

Yeh, there is element of fucking idiots being introduced, what with higher ticket numbers :( What were they like then? We were lucky - we had some fab people by us, including a big group of young lads who were made up with us cos Bob could play their guitar and we all sang songs waiting for the gates to open :cool:
    PursuedByBears likes this.
  17. Shirl

Shirl donkey dory

[​IMG]

Looking forward to good food in the Perfumed Garden Tent
  18. strange-fish

Reckon I will be eating in the Perfumed Garden a fair bit - brilliant food :)
    And not to forget the great music too of course :cool:
  19. Shirl

Shirl donkey dory

And my little cocktail soiree on the Friday evening. :cool:

Are you a grannie yet?
  20. strange-fish

Yes :cool: , and no :hmm: I hope it arrives soon - I want to go to Knocky next week :)
  21. kevkaos

love the breakfast(veg) hope the thai food is as good.........not long now.......
  22. strange-fish

The Thai food will be amazing - :)
  23. Shirl

Shirl donkey dory

I am now reliably informed that english veggie and meat breakfast will be served as well as butties :)
    Thai will appear after breakfast finishes :)
  24. strange-fish

SOLD OUT.... yesterday :)
  25. Shirl

Shirl donkey dory

Ticket touts on Ebay :( wanting daft prices. Anyone wanting a ticket would be better of the the Beatherder site or fb page.
  26. strange-fish

Is there a dress code for the cocktail soiree? :cool:
  27. Shirl

Shirl donkey dory

Nope :D

It won't be at the van because it's back stage but it will be in the Perfumed Garden Tent :)
  28. kevkaos

looks like it may be a wet one this year.......

not that abit of rain can stop me avin fun....just hope it aint epic rain like 07
  29. Teaboy

Teaboy Tryhard wannabe

I fucking hate the rain at festivals, I'm not very impressed with the long term forecast at all. There is still time but I'm already getting a bit of a grump on about it.

I've noticed that the euro football final is on Sunday evening at 19.45, so in usual festival style I'll ask will they be showing the football? Its massivly unlikely but if England do get to the final I suspect the site will empty on Sunday if they are not showing it.
  30. kevkaos

07 was my first year and it rained and the it rained some more..had the time of my life... didn't put me off and have been every year since, just be prepared and it should still be fun. plenty of covered stages and the trees stay mostly dry when it rains, as far as the football is concerned the answer sen to be no but that could change if England was in the final tho don't expect it on a big screen maybe one of the tents will show it but as far as i know it aint been shown (think the BH boys have answered this a few times on FB with a "no sorry.....")
    sojourner likes this.