1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bearded Theory 2012

Discussion in 'festivals' started by Shirl, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Tort

Tort Well-Known Member

It's a sellout! :)

2. 8ball

8ball Time out time...

Nah - Latitude, now that's a sellout.

smmudge likes this.
  3. moonsi til

moonsi til worked it out now!

I bought them from the Bearded Theory shop on their site. I can't find a 2012 FB page just Twitter. I have emailed them but not heard back as yet. Do you all have tickets?

ETA: I keep getting 'error' with joining the forum but I think that's my problem rather than the sites.

4. moonsi til

I found the FB page..:oops:...I have had a reply and it seems that my tickets are lost. I bought them on 21/02/12 and they were sent recorded delivery so fingers crossed we will make it to the party!

5. Shirl

Shirl Well-Known Member

Hope you get it sorted, see you there :)

6. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

Good luck moonsi!

7. moonsi til

Thanks! No news as yet so I have emailed them again. I bought them via google checkout and they are showing as purchased via 'Spring Markets LTD' and as not yet shipped.

A few years ago I bought End Of The Road tickets and moved house without setting up post re-direction and my tickets went to my old place. Luckily the new folk living there had saved all the post that arrived for me so we did get to go with only days to spare. I have moved house again but have post re-direction in place. I don't like it!!

8. strange-fish

strange-fish no decisions...

Are you getting replies to your emails to them? If not let me know address you are using and will ask for a better one for you to email!:)

9. moonsi til

Yes I did yesterday but no reply as yet to my further email but TBF it has been less than 24 hours...it just feels a bit tense as we have people stopping & then travelling with us.

Reply yesterday was about 6ish so I'm kinda expecting similar today *fingers crossed*.

Thanks!...:)

10. edwinchester

edwinchester Well-Known Member

Knowing the lovely people at Bearded you'll have no problems. :)

Shirl likes this.
  11. Shirl

Shirl Well-Known Member

They really do try very hard :)

edwinchester likes this.
  12. moonsi til

No email yet so I ended up posting on the open FB page and got a reply there asking me for some more info.

strange-fish likes this.
  13. moonsi til

Still nothing......I had a reply to my email on Tuesday asking for more info & the same from my FB enquiry last night. I have tried calling Spring Markets LTD but the number doesn't connect.

Stupid me for not saving the email...I don't even know if I need a code or tickets...:(:oops:.

ETA: it's driving me quietly bonkers too...I keep checking my emails & fear that we won't be going...:(

14. moonsi til

I now have a email saying my tickets had been sent out but not what happened to them but been advised to print off the email which will be our entrance.

15. edwinchester

Cool, I knew they wouldn't let you down. :)

Now, does anyone have a spare teen ticket?

16. Shirl

Shirl Well-Known Member

Brilliant :)
    It's horrible when you are waiting for people to get back to you and you also know that you have other people relying on you. Glad it's sorted :)

17. Onket

Onket Gertcha

Forward me the email & then I can come too.

;)

18. edwinchester

For sale at face value:

2 x adult tickets
    1 x campervan ticket
    2 x teen ticket

19. moonsi til

ARGH...turns out it is not sorted at all...:(...I don't have my confirmation of purchasing my tickets which is what I have been requested to bring as proof...I had told them this at the outset which was part of my problem in not knowing if I was a ticket or a code person. I used my google account to purchase them which I rarely check and it seems like the email has been automatically deleted

I have sent another email which makes it about 6 now all saying the same thing. It's my first time at this festie which is also my partners birthday gift...I'm totally losing the love...£183.56 spent and no-one is able to prove yet for sure my tickets were actually sent out. Google check out still has them as 'not yet dispatched'.

20. moonsi til

moo moo...new email asking me to to email all my details to a new place and still no word of where my tickets actually went. I know now that I should have received tickets by recorded delivery & that I haven't but no word on where those tickets went or if we have entry on Friday..

21. strange-fish

Don't worry they really are a good bunch if all else fails - print off your emails and their replies and anything else that you do have - ie. a screen shot of google check out - am sure they will sort it for you :)

22. moonsi til

I now have an email saying whatever happens that it will be sorted...I just needed to be sure that I could proceed without my confirmation email...also it doesn't seem 100% that my tickets were ever posted as I have also received an email with an apology and that they are getting sent personally today...so now I need a beard.:cool:

edwinchester likes this.
  23. strange-fish

Great news :)

24. Shirl

Shirl Well-Known Member

Work tomorrow, day off to prepare Thursday, Bearded Theory Friday. Yip-bloody-hee hee :D

25. William of Walworth

We've managed to persuade our real old school festie veteran mate Martin Ashford to come. He was asking for a ticket on the Bearded forums the other day. Happily this message appeared just about the same time as our Swansea friend Sam pulled out (after lots of pathetic hangwringing/feeble dithering! :hmm: ) ... so he now has her ticket, as well as his long booked campervan ticket (he'd booked that ages ago, but not the actual festival ticket!** :rolleyes: ).

**(I think he still dreams of the good old days when you can just roll up a festival in a live-in totally disorganised ;) :p )

I have this odd feeling that I can't put my finger on exactly, that we may be fairly grateful for the odd visit to his large, new, comfortable and warm campervan this weekend :eek: ;)

Bring your thermals and everything else practical, Shirl! <packs 103 layers :D >

Shirl likes this.
  26. Tort

Tort Well-Known Member

Crikey there's a blast from the past!

27. moonsi til

Still no tickets but I'm not worried...it may be a bit of faff tomorrow but it will all be fine I'm sure.

Now to think about packing and look at the weather...:hmm:

28. 8ball

8ball Time out time...

Soon, my pretties...

I'll likely do my usual festie thing and put my U75 t-shirt on for the Saturday so sure I'll bump into someone from this thread ;)

29. edwinchester

Heading off to stay with friends in Derby tonight for an early start tomorrow. Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend. :)

30. William of Walworth

I've three quarters packed. Includes several warm layers! ;) :D

Latest forecasts not suggesting any serious washout, with chilly and cloudy the predominant likelihood most of the time. But I'm seeing some showers from time to time also.

Still, beer and other tents are for sheltering in! :cool:

We expecting to be on site and on walkabout by around 2 to 3 pm.