1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bearded Theory 2010

Discussion in 'festivals' started by Flipp, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Flipp

Flipp Magical Sounds

Hi all, dates for the 2010 festival are May 14th - 16th

We have all but cleared the debt that the Tornado/windy thing left us with by many lovely people doing benefits gigs and other activities, therefore we're back!!
    Main difference from 2009 is that the second stage will now be inside a large big-top.
    Mainstage headliners Dreadzone and New Model Army crown the event (Friday headliner to be released soon I hear) other names include Back to the Planet, Blythe Power, Palma International, Tragic Roundabout and the Men they Coudn't Hang..
    The Magical Sounds Tent will be back with the same lovely Opus rig and the lineup for this area is nearly complete, to include Banco De Gaia, Union Jack, Kangaroo Moon, Sunfish, Tetchi and loads more..
    All details will be found at www.beardedtheory.co.uk
    As always, this is a 100% not-for-profit event, we will strengthening the festivals footings and safeguarding its future. All profit over and above this will be donated to charity..
    Hope to see you there!!
  2. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

You just might, maybe ... :p
  3. Flipp

Flipp Magical Sounds

Friday headliner announced - The King Blues. A couple more announcements but that pritty much it. Full line-up available on the website www.beardedtheory.co.uk including the skiffle stage...
  4. Flipp

Flipp Magical Sounds

Website has been updated with line up. We only have 1 act left to announce which is for the Main Stage (a bit special these will be as well). As you wll see Senser and Dodgy are now on the website (finally). The only stage to have some acts to be confirmed on is the Skiffle Stage and the Sunday headliner for the Beard Top. Apart from that we are full up!!! www.beardedtheory.com

MAIN STAGE
    New Model Army, King Blues, Dreadzone, Pama International, Goldblade, Senser, Back to the Planet, Neville Staple, Dodgy, Tragic Roundabout, Dr & The Medics, Pronghorn, Subgiant, Blyth Power, Men They Couldnt Hang, AOS3, Hobo Jones & The Junk Yard Dogs, Kilnaboy, True Deceivers, New York Alcoholic Anxiety Attack, Eskimo Fires

MAGICAL SOUNDS ARENA
    Banco De Gaia, Union Jack, Magiclantern DJ/VJ, ZubZub, Astrodruid, GregZogg, Sunfish, SolarBud, Sam Homer, Tetchi, Ed Tangent, AtomGrinder, Zetan Spore, Psy-Clone, Techno Hippy, Lorraine, Kangaroo Moon, The Impossible, Honky Dub, DJ Disoriental, Magic Lantern in Dub

BEARD TOP
    Hard Luck Café, Cheeky Girls, Babar Luck, Robinson, Jersey Street Band, Renegade Brass Band, Scutty Neighbours, Vandeville Falls, David Gibb, Rev Hammer, Jody Wildgoose, Cocoslovers, Beans On Toast, Ferocious Dog, Sam Draisy, Dan Donnelly, The Violet Mays, Tarantism, Inner Terrestrials, Boot Hill All Stars, Leatherat

***SPECIAL BT GUESTS WILL HEADLINE THE SATURDAY EVE AT 12:30AM

SKIFFLE STAGE
    Ragati String Band, Railroad Bill, Please Y’Self

BAAAR STAGE
    The Pyrates, DJ Bayer, SolarBud, Dana De Waal, Left Hand Drive, Stunt Bros, Matt Radcliffe Jazz Trio, Professor Music (from Georgia Southern University), Barking Smith & The Irreverent B**tards, Big Bearded BLAH BLAH Band, Allied Manoeuvres, Avon 45
  5. William of Walworth

Some fantastic acts on that lineup for old school festival lovers .... :cool: :)
  6. Orang Utan

Orang Utan like an outdated combine harvester

is this a pisstake?
  7. Flipp

Flipp Magical Sounds

Care to elaborate why you would ask such a question?:(
  8. William of Walworth

>>OU

On my part? No, I love some of those bands and have done for years. Srsly :)

They're not mega names or anything, not claiming that.
  9. Orang Utan

it looks like a parody of a festival - the line up's like something i would choose if i was taking the piss and some of the bands/features look made up
  10. sojourner

sojourner Lord of the Ponce

Uncalled for OU
  11. Orang Utan

it does though! the whole thing hums of patchouli!
  12. sojourner

So - you didn't actually believe it was a spoof then. You just wanted to mock.

Are there not enough threads on urban for you to do that?

I'm thinking of going to this, as it promises to be similar to other small festies that I've been to, and if Flipp's involved, that's an even better reason to go :cool:
  13. Stig

Stig Bull in a china shop

We 're going!

I'm only going for new model army and Hobo Jones :D

Nah, joking. It's all about tragic roundabout and pronghorn really.

But If I ever end up putting on a festie, I'll make sure Orang Utan is banned from urban before i let on about it :D
  14. sojourner

Nice one. I think I'm gonna ask my festie pardner Bob if he fancies going.

Few questions:

Size? (how many people)

Plenty of tenty stuff to do if it lashes it down? (and - does it usually lash it down?)

How far from tent to site? (these things MATTER:D)
  15. Orang Utan

hippie festivals are fair game - it looks tragic and i think that's fair comment
  16. sojourner

Well thanks for your informative input there Mr OU

So now we know how you feel, it won't be necessary for you to repeat yourself on any other 'hippie' festival threads :)
  17. Orang Utan

oh no, i'll always be there to jeer at the sides :D
    tis my birthright
  18. sojourner

And this from the man who dresses up at any opportunity. You'd fit right in mate - come along!
  19. Orang Utan

but the music is horridious and the names of the stages and the bands! the name of the festival! it's all one massive heap of wrongness
  20. sojourner

Tell you what, if it's anything like Solfest or Beatherder, it'll be fucking brilliant. The atmosphere alone at those places is fantastic, the music just happens to be there as well

But if it keeps the numbers down, with people like you believing it's all howwid, then that's fine by me ;)
  21. Orang Utan

another world it is. another world.
  22. Flipp

Flipp Magical Sounds

Thank Mr Utan for getting this thread moving, appreciate it!! :D Love to know what you think is good music if you are disregarding everything we have on offer? Just for future reference so I can make sure we cover off your particular tastes in 2011 :D

Sojourner - Be about 2-3k onsite.
    Theres plenty of indoor things including the second stage in a large bigtop, beard knitting workshops, huge bar (with stage) and the dance tent (my bit)..
    The distance between camping and stuff is nothing as they are connected.. Be ace to see Bob again as well, hope you guys make it!!

Stig - Yay!! Come say hi!
  23. sojourner

Cheers mate - I did mean tenty stuff as in music tenty stuff, so good to hear re bar and dance tent :D

Is there a Dogs-type chillout at all?

I think I might give the beard knitting a miss, mind ;)

Great size :cool:

Right - off to mail Bob then
  24. William of Walworth

Yay to Stig, soj and Flipp, see you all there :) :cool:

Stig, and rich!, you're going to LOVE the choices in the beer tent! :D

Flipp am I right that they'll be adding even more beers this time?
  25. sojourner

Be nice to see you again William - and I take it the fragrant Debs will be along too?
  26. William of Walworth

Sojourner we're well overdue pleasant mid May weather this year. First one (in 2008) was freezing cold and last year had the notorious gale/tornado that destroyed the main stage :eek: (and a fair bit of mud as well).

So we're owed a good'un :)
  27. William of Walworth

Oh yes, very much so, she can't wait either. I'm keeping fingers crossed that she'll have a car again by then! :eek:

(we're currently carless, but temporarily)
  28. sojourner

Ahh - I'm not THAT fussed about the weather, as long as there is tenty stuff to do. It fucking lashed it down all last Solfest, but I had me thermals, massive poncho, wellies, tenty stuff, and drugs so perfectly happy :D

Cool - will be lovely to meet her finally :cool:
  29. Flipp

Flipp Magical Sounds

Will, there will be one main bar, much bigger tent with full stage which will have everything from bands thru to folk djs. Bigger bar = longer bar = more ale:cool:
    Also there will be 2 smaller bars across site, one of them, with ale, will be in the dance tent!! Free water also available from said dance tent bar..
  30. sojourner

No chillouty tent?