1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battlefield 3

Discussion in 'gaming and consoles' started by Kid_Eternity, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Kid_Eternity

Kid_Eternity "You might be a lord but here comes the king."

Hour and a half later the update finally finishes its download...

2. Kid_Eternity

Oooh Battlefield premium makes everything look all snazzy!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338916660.844123.jpg

3. Kid_Eternity

There's also a neat new calendar which shows all the coming content drops and XP weekend stuff...30 quid for all this isn't too bad thinking about it.

4. sim667

sim667 Licking windows on the 303 bus.

It'll have to wait til payday I think. My Xbox live sub needs renewing too.

5. Kid_Eternity

Aha premium also means you get priority in terms of joining a busy server.:D

6. Kid_Eternity

7. october_lost

october_lost Once, twice, three times...

Was reluctant on the premium thing, but it will be in the bag by tomorrow. Makes no sense to grumble at £30 given the amount of time I put into the game.

Post upgrade I have notified bugs. Anyone else?

8. Kid_Eternity

Not seen any myself. Yeah was a little skeptical of premium too until I realised it's basically a big pre-order package...and it's not likely I won't be playing B3 in a years time.:D

9. sim667

When does new DLC come out? Im trying to hold off until ive got a bit more money.

10. Dead Cat Bounce

Dead Cat Bounce Scooter Brother

I was going to get it yesterday but having read the problems the PS3 players are going through trying to play the news maps I'll give it a while.

I think the Xbox maps come out two weeks after the PS3.

11. TitanSound

TitanSound Mr Beardy Drummer

What problems are they having?

12. Dead Cat Bounce

13. Firky

Firky The first of the gang Banned

Premium has proper split the community, well all the fuckwits in the BF3 forums. There's servers banning premium players, fucking nuts. Just when you think the gaming scene couldn't get any worse with a load of kids as the majority, they go and behave like the kids in Lord of the Flies :facepalm:

I couldn't give a shit if someone has Premium or not but it seems to matter an awful lot to some people. Odd.

£30 (I had a 25% discount code) and for a pile of DLCs, a knife that looks like it efll out of some carpet fitters dungarees, couple new camos, racist dog tags, and some camo for crappy guns!

Oh and it looks like double XP at least once a month.

Kinda baffled why they'd put queue priority in, seems a bit shitty if you've been waiting for five minutes and some horrible bugger like Kid E gives you the fingers and jumps in first :p :D

Nah, am happy with it but the queue thing does seem ill thought out. A trolol by DICE.

14. tommers

tommers I did it!

Well they certainly know how to milk an audience.

15. october_lost

october_lost Once, twice, three times...

Not earned its money as of yet, but the close quarters expansion could be awesome.

Are you on about the exclusive US/Canada only material?

16. Kid_Eternity

Heh, you know the other downside about rented servers (while we're on the topic of B3 changes) is I never seem to find a game with less than 600 tickets! It's fucking annoying, a good gaming night could see 7-9 games now I'm lucky it it's 2.

Haven't seen that many premium players yet nor had any issue getting on to any server due to bannings...

17. Kid_Eternity

They do although they're not quite CoD levels just yet...

18. souljacker

souljacker Eggs Bread Cigs Milk

I agree. It used to be that you could jump on one of the EA servers and have a quick couple of rounds before bed. These days, every game is an hour long session.

19. Global Stoner

Global Stoner baseline neural therapy

Well finally got round to finding space for my desktop in my new place, went on to see if rural "broadband" is going to be fast enough to let me play and I need to download the huge update first. :mad:

See there are some new game modes and an expansion pack to buy then :hmm:

20. TitanSound

There should be an icon displaying if a server has custom rules. So, I think, if any thing has been changed from the default settings then it will show.

21. TitanSound

Yep. Close Quarters. You can buy it on it's own or you can buy the "premium" package which gives you all of the upcoming DLC early and works out cheaper. Plus they are appealing to the CoD crowd with custom camos and gun camos.

Global Stoner likes this.
  22. TitanSound

Amoured Kill gameplay.

AC-130 :)

Kid_Eternity likes this.
  23. Kid_Eternity

Ah right haven't noticed anything like that tbh, will keep an eye out for it though...

24. Dead Cat Bounce

Anyone getting Close Quarters tomorrow?

I bought Premium a couple of days back so I'll report back tomorrow at some point.

25. Kid_Eternity

Yup, got premium too so assume CQ will just unlock...

26. sim667

It's out tomorrow?!?

27. Kid_Eternity

Think it's out for premium players, two week early access iirc.

28. Dead Cat Bounce

June 12th for Xbox and PC with the Premium package. I think it's two weeks later if you don't have Premium.

29. Kid_Eternity

Just played on our server, was packed out! Not sure if it was luck but found the random players a lot more team player orientated...

30. TitanSound

Generally, Hardcore servers attract a better kind of player. I hate to admit it as it sounds elitist, but it's defo something I've noticed.