1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ATP World Tour Finals

Discussion in 'general sports' started by newharper, Nov 22, 2009.

1. RaverDrew

RaverDrew self-banned for a bit R.I.P.

Fed you fucking genius !!!! :cool:
  2. strung out

strung out (",)

federer winning that set could put murray out you know...
  3. RaverDrew

Like I give a fuck about Murray :D

You not been reading this thread ? I'm no fan of the miserable sweaty git.
  4. starfish

starfish Aloof but effective.

Murray would have been through if Del Potro had won that tie break. Needs Fed to win this now to make sure.
  5. strung out

strung out (",)

i know! which is why i was worried when you said this...

federer losing would have put murray through!
  6. RaverDrew

:D Just don't want to lose a ridiculous bet I made innit ;)
  7. gabi

gabi Well-Known Member

Here comes a tie-break. Fed to win it. In my professional opinion ;)
  8. starfish

Jockist :p
  9. strung out

strung out (",)

makes no odds to me anyway. he's british if he goes through, scottish if he doesn't. win/win
  10. butchersapron

butchersapron shoot 'em in the back

According to the BBC text commentary:

11. strung out

strung out (",)

i know, but by rights the crowd should have been supporting del potro at the end of that second set if they wanted murray through. now they need to get behind federer
  12. RaverDrew

13. strung out

strung out (",)

what channel are the matches not involving murray on btw?
  14. strung out

strung out (",)

nevermind, i watched the matchwinning point on bet365
  15. starfish

If butchers is right then Murrays out. Bollox :(
  16. gabi

gabi Well-Known Member

Mmmm :hmm:

That was super dodgy. Fed suddenly started playing badly again once the commentators figured out the variables. Maybe he *would* throw a match?
  17. gabi

gabi Well-Known Member

Sorry btw drew. you'll tilt those losses back though. im currently running on even for the week, but yeh - won a shitload last week so thats ok.

The Prem is back this weekend which is my main hunting ground really. hope to make actually make some shit on there. every game in this round of tennis has been virtually evens for both players, impossible - its *actually* gambling, which i dont like.
  18. RaverDrew

I've basically blown my decent winnings from the last two weeks on this poxy tournament now, the only thing that can save me is Djokovic winning the final. I've got a real horrible feeling that now the pressure is off Nadal, he's gonna spank Djokovic for pride's sake. :(

I make my main money on the football league and the proper tennis tour, but that's been dead the last month and don't start up proper again until January ffs.
  19. gabi

gabi Well-Known Member

well, u know how it goes. make a lot of small patient bets on sure things (football) to get back where u were. oh, how i wish i could heed my own advice.. !

forget the tennis anyway. football is fucking easy in comparison. im sticking to that i think. ive also lost bad on this tournament. loved it though. great sport, tennis.
  20. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

I have to say the scoring system on this tournament seems rather unfair. I'm no Murray cheerleader but to win both games one plays and still be out is rather mad. Certainly when playing tennis.

They should stick to the knock out method, but I guess the ATP are trying to do a Champions League here...
  21. gabi

gabi Well-Known Member

It does make it kinda exciting. Altho even with the duckworth/lewis method in cricket the players out there know exactly what's required at all times as it's on the big screen for them to see...

I'm not fucked off to see the miserable bastard out. I can only imagine the tantrums been thrown in his hotel room as he watched Federer (they apparently dont get on whatsoever) throw that one once the permutations were communicated to him from his coach.... :D
  22. RaverDrew

Yep back to the slow grind of hitting 1+ goals in-play to build up the bankroll again. Want a decent pot for my tennis trade's come January.
  23. gabi

gabi Well-Known Member

Hmm. I go the opposite way for the safe one - under 2.5

I guess it evens out either way... :D

May try your one this w/e though.. the prem's been busy goal-wise thus far.
  24. strung out

strung out (",)

he lost against federer
  25. RaverDrew

It has indeed mate.

Am enjoying the 1+goals hunt atm

It helps if you can watch the first 10mins of a game to see whether you get the feel for any goals due.

Pick two games a day from teams that score a lot or have leaky defences and you can usually pick them up at 1.1-1.15 in-play.

Go all in each time off a £10, 2 a day will earn you 3 grand in a month. :cool:
  26. RaverDrew

Dodging 60 0-0's in a row basically. :D
  27. gabi

gabi Well-Known Member

So. Nadal - djokovic in an hour or so.

im not even gonna say who im backing in this one as every time i do i fucking jinx it. should be a tight one tho.
  28. newharper

newharper Manxome Tove

Glad to see someone with about the same level of prediction as me.

Still don't fancy his chances if he qualifies though.

Time to get your money on him then!