1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Atos Medicals - Questions, Answers and Support

Discussion in 'UK politics, current affairs and news' started by Zabo, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Zabo

Zabo Il est interdit d'interdire

2. frogwoman

frogwoman I welcome your experience

3. frogwoman

what utter twats.
    StraightOuttaQ likes this.
  4. yardbird

yardbird Understands love.

Some of us have been harping on about atos for ages and I'd be very surprised if there isn't a Panorama or similar being worked on right now.
  5. Zabo

I hope so Yardbird. I wonder who to contact to check it out? What about C4 Dispatches?
  6. Zabo

frogwoman likes this.
  7. frogwoman

it wasn't aimed at you - but at the government thinking that getting them in charge of this stuff was a good idea ...
    muscovyduck and Zabo like this.
  8. trevhagl

trevhagl Famous author , company CEO

plenty of stuff in Private Eye about the fuckers , and all of it as bad as you expect
    readergirl and Kate Hillier like this.
  9. Zabo

Cheers

;)
  10. Maurice Picarda

Maurice Picarda Reflounced. None of you are worth bothering with.

Well, it is. They won it because they provided the LiMA system, not because they are better than anybody else at managing clinicians.
  11. smokedout

smokedout criminal

atos healthcare have fairly large interests in occupational health, they have a contract with the filth and are about to start on public sector workers - they are basically used to lay people off on health grounds, somewhat ironically declaring people unfit for work

they also provide consultancy on 'headcount reduction'
    readergirl, muscovyduck and frogwoman like this.
  12. frogwoman

fuck's sake! :facepalm: :(

Also I'd be happy to do some research myself on this company / translation etc ... whatever may be required. they need exposed, they're an evil bunch of cunts.
  13. ymu

ymu Niall Ferguson's deep-cover sock-puppet

CAB have just published some new research:

Aren't there some cases where they've declared someone too ill to work when wearing their occupational health hats, and then found the same person fit to work when they applied for ESA?
    treelover, toggle and frogwoman like this.
  14. Fedayn

Fedayn Diffidati con noi

A former PCS rep in my now branch was given early retirement on medical grounds after the Independent Decision Maker agreed with ATOS OH report that he was too ill to continue working for the DWP and anyone else. A week and one day later he recieved a letter from my office, which dealt with his ESA claim, informing him that he had failed his WCA and was declared fit for work.
    muscovyduck, Frankie Jack and toggle like this.
  15. Athos

Athos Well-Known Member

The only difference between a bunch of cunts and an intelligent, witty, handsome, talented, sex-god: one letter - h.
    LiamO, RaverDrew and frogwoman like this.
  16. SpineyNorman

SpineyNorman WAWAW?

Chunts?
    muscovyduck likes this.
  17. Meltingpot

Meltingpot On hiatus

18. WouldBe

WouldBe non smoking

Yet if you write to them the DWP replies. :hmm:

Just had all the paperwork to go to my tribunal for ESA. Almost everything is inaccurate. :eek:
    ovaltina likes this.
  19. Pickman's model

Pickman's model let's kill the king

are you sure? atosh sounds like a sneeze.
  20. Greebo

Greebo the countdown begins here

I'd like to be shocked by that, but given previous experience, I'm just :rolleyes:, :facepalm: and :mad:.

FWIW the more obvious it is that the report etc is downright inaccurate, the better your chances of winning the appeal. I just wish that people didn't have to take their claims as far as an appeal just to get the money they should have been getting all along.
    muscovyduck, ddraig and toggle like this.
  21. treelover

treelover For the 'Good Old Cause'

http://www.afteratos.com/

These are the people to get in touch with Froggie, they have had injunctions against them, brave souls..
    Greebo and dennisr like this.
  22. treelover

'CLIVE says:
    November 23, 2011 at 16:12

When i was born in 1953 i had cerebral palsy. after my ATOS assesment i was cured. HOW?'

Unbelievable, where is the Parliamentary oversight?, where is the Audit Office? where is the basic humanity?
    Greebo, dennisr and coley like this.
  23. yardbird

The ATOS assessors could not cope with MS, I tried to explain complete fatigue and having no idea how I would feel from day to day.
    Greebo and muscovyduck like this.
  24. Zabo

Greebo likes this.
  25. pinkmonkey

pinkmonkey 2.4 hour party person

Yep, same with my friend who has severe auto immune disorder. She never knows when a flare is going to happen. Anyway she's had a shit year last year, heart attack in August (after which they took away her DLA). She came out of hospital yesterday, she was in fora fortnight because she'd had a stroke, they discovered evidence of another six strokes since her heart attack. All of this seems to make no difference to Atos. If they see her on a good day, they'll pass her.
    Greebo likes this.
  26. yardbird

I'm going to be re-assessed this year and both my GP and my outreach nurse say I'm not to travel and they must come to me.
    You think they'd get the drift and save the country money.
  27. treelover

Greebo likes this.
  28. Zabo

C4 have replied to me - very nice. I now have a name. All I have to do is present a good proposal. I'll keep you posted.

:rolleyes:
    Greebo, extra dry and yardbird like this.
  29. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda Untermensch, and proud!

You expect oversight when they barely wrote any into the contracting process, let alone making sure the actual practices are regulated?

Oversight is for when you want an efficient delivery system, not for when you want to be able to cull hundreds of thousands of people from the claimant count for IB/ESA (and, soon, DLA).
    Greebo and Meltingpot like this.
  30. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda Untermensch, and proud!

And that is why, unethical though it is, I recommend to people that if they're on painkillers and can manage without them for a couple of days, to stop taking them (or at least minimise their intake) 2-3 days before the appointment, so that the desk-monkey gets an inkling of the pain and distress you suffer.