1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arsenal 2011/2012

Discussion in 'football' started by Diamond, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Maltin

Maltin Well-Known Member

Pardon? :hmm:
  2. Gingerman

Gingerman Is a great bunch of lads.....

Oh me of little faith :oops:
    wtfftw likes this.
  3. twistedAM

twistedAM Left Of The Dial

Wenger knows more than you. Still though, you're well qualified for the England job;)
  4. Gingerman

Dear Mr Bernsteen
    Pleez can I 'ave that England job now cos nuffink can be worser than this.
    Yours in sport
    Harry Redknapp
  5. Gingerman

6. Corax

Corax This will change your life: http://bit.ly/19lPFRa

Well that victory must taste a bit sour for you all. Blatantly 'homer' ref, pitch cutting up all over the place, sun in Friedel's eyes, er... the wrong kind of ball, and, um, the canteen, yeah the canteen serving stuff to our team that made them feel all full up and sluggish. And something to do with voodoo I expect. Yes.
  7. Daniel

Daniel DelusionalDancer Since1991

Still buzzing tbh :hmm:

Can not wait to go into work tomorrow :D
  8. nuffsaid

nuffsaid But this goes up to 11

Redknapp certainly did a great job at half time.
  9. gunneradt

gunneradt Banned Banned

no mention of the cheating Welsh git then - #dive
  10. chieftain

chieftain Mega Gammon

I didn't see the incident ;)
  11. Gingerman

Poor aul 5pur2
  12. Corax

Bale's been an embarrassment with his diving recently. His being featured on Soccer AM last week (Tom Daley's Dive of the Week) was completely deserved. And I've seen plenty of comment of Spurs message boards wishing he'd stop it, so Spurs fans in general certainly haven't been blind to it.

But I thought today's pen was legit tbh. Chesney took him out.
  13. Yelkcub

Yelkcub Awesome Narcissist

Hilarious. Blatantly went down untouched but made sure there was contact after that. Nothing that all players don't do, but suggest anything else is ludicrous.
  14. Diamond

Diamond The Red Baron Banned

Well that was gratifying.

But what the hell happened to Spurs? They seemed to evaporate after their second goal.
  15. Gingerman

Bale coulda and shoulda made it 3-0 just before we scored our first,think the 2 goals we scored before half time knocked the shite out of them
  16. Corax

I've not seen any replays after the match tbh, and I was sorting lunch out at the time so wasn't paying maximum attention. It looked legit to me at the time, but I'd need to watch it post-match to be sure.

Like I said, I'm not disputing that Bale's become Klinsmannesque recently. As a Spurs fan, it's probably more irritating than being on the other end of it. For one thing, the team's supposed to play with a certain measure of dignity or honour. We're not Liverpool ffs. In addition, it's a total waste of Bale's abilities. He doesn't need to dive. He's skilful, fast and strong enough to avoid or ride all but the best of challenges. And as with all divers, he wastes opportunities by having a lie-down instead of powering through and shooting.
  17. London_Calling

London_Calling Pleasant and unpatronising

Disappointing arry waited until the break to equal up the numbers in midfield. Parker in particular was over-stretched, but I suppose they both were.

Kranjcar - good player asked to do the wrong job today, shouldn't have been selected. Wrong formation.
  18. Corax

Simple. We carried on trying to play Barca football in the middle of the park despite the fact that Arsenal were putting in an incredible shift and closing down in pairs very, very quickly. They had two players closing in on the man in possession within nanoseconds, putting huge pressure on and forcing rushed passes. Because of that we gave possession away a lot, and in addition it rattled the back 8 psychologically. We are and always have been a confidence team. When we've got a strut to us we're amazing and can pull off fantastic moves. Shake us and take away our confidence and we don't look half the side.

Wasn't helped by the fact that Scotty had a less than great game. I'm actually quite pleased with his ban in a way. He's lost his touch a bit recently, and a game or two out might help him regain his composure. It would be difficult for Harry to drop him without affecting his confidence, but this way the decision's been taken for him. Sandro's perfectly capable of stepping up to the plate in the meantime.
  19. Yelkcub

Yelkcub Awesome Narcissist

Fair enough, there's room for more than one perspective. Looked more like a pen when I saw it bit later.

I could be biased by his penchant for going over of late, but as I said previously, every modern footballer does it now.
  20. swampy

swampy Well-Known Member

21. Daniel

Looking forward to the post match interview :D

Was slightly annoyed they didn't show it on SS1 tbh.
  22. Gingerman

Nice to see him with a smile on his boat race for a change,been looking downbeat recently
  23. Daniel

It's taken me ALL day to calm down, now watching MOTD and buzzing again.

I wana go bed!

:D
  24. Gingerman

Lots of lovely close-ups of a red faced Twitch looking bewildered and befuddled on MOTD tonight,fackin trrific :D
  25. Gingerman

26. TitanSound

TitanSound Mr Beardy Drummer

27. Gingerman

Someone posted up a pic of the latest Spud DVD commemorating the first 39 minutes of yesterdays match called.....39 minutes on Twitter.
  28. TitanSound

Doesn't really have the same impact written in text form :D

Anyway, great result yesterday. So good to see the team has some balls. Happy Rosicky played well and got a goal. I thought he actually played fairly well against Milan last week, he seemed to be trying more than the other midfielders to service the ball forward. He's been a bit out of form the last couple of years, maybe due to his injuries? But I remember him being a fairly decent player when he first arrived.

Also, lets hope Walcott has some renewed confidence, him and AOX on the flanks will put terror into any defence with their speed. But, and a big but, lets not forget what state we were in before this game. Our undoing, apart from bottling it, is our lack of consistency. We did well yesterday but past experience tells me we may not do so well during our next game/s.
  29. chieftain

chieftain Mega Gammon

Not being funny but where is iRobot, I thought he'd be knee deep in this already?

iRobot, you Ok fella?
  30. TitanSound

I was thinking the same. Some minor stalking reveals he's not been here since Monday last week. Maybe he's on hols or something?