1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arsenal 2011/2012

Discussion in 'football' started by Diamond, Jun 8, 2011.

1. newme

newme Giant in Pastyland now

No one seriously thought Wenger would actually sign the CB and GK they actually need did they?

2. iROBOT

iROBOT CURRENTLY RE-BOOTING

Yup, looks like John (nappy) Terry has said Cahill would be perfect for the Chavs...which pretty much means he'll go there as for Samba, no idea where that's going.

3. Gingerman

Gingerman Is a great bunch of lads.....

Silly me :oops:

4. mattie

mattie missing in inaction

Perhpas the most hyperbolic yet.

:D

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/15/cesc-fabregas-arsenal

5. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Domination Snert

Heh, what a tool. I'm sure Wenger will change his ways now he knows he's disorientating the mayor of Arenys de Mar.

BTW if anyone wants to kidnap me in order to pay me a hundred grand a week to live a life of luxury please feel free.

6. Daniel

Daniel DelusionalDancer Since1991

Is he having a fucking laugh? Where, have Barcalona shown any respect towards the club? I could make a list of bullshit they have done, ways they have disrespected club, why are they making it out that AFC are being the bad ones in this whole saga? WHERE IS THE MONEY! They can throw money they don't apparently have to buy Sanchez for £27m but don't want to pay our asking price?

They expect us to sell him and do them a favour cos of what? The fact he came from them? Maybe they should have put more effort into him and held onto him, AFC moulded him into the player he is today, we put the effort to improve him and give him the chances he needed.

I fucking loathe F.C Barcalona.

7. TruXta

TruXta Tired of this

Envy does that to you, Daniel.

8. gunneradt

gunneradt Banned Banned

how could any fan not know that?

9. gunneradt

gunneradt Banned Banned

err

we do not need a goalkeeper

10. twistedAM

twistedAM Left Of The Dial

11. newme

newme Giant in Pastyland now

Yes you do.

12. TruXta

TruXta Tired of this

Oi! Don't let them in on the secret!

13. Daniel

Don't need one like we "needed" one with almunia about.

Chezzers needs first team football, didn't exactly do disastrous last season given the circumstances.

14. iROBOT

Chesney's every bit as good as that 19 year old Man U bought, plus our youth policy dictates that we recruit from within. This is why we are not buying a replacement for Clichy. We have a number 1, it's now up to him to seize the moment which I'm sure he will.

Lots of talk about Joel Campbell at the moment...I pray it's true.

15. TitanSound

TitanSound Mr Beardy Drummer

16. kained&able

kained&able Here for the football.

you polish dude needs a season at west brom or someone not a season trying to prove he is premiership material at a club that in theory should be challenging for the top of the table. I admire wengers youth policy but keeper is one place you can't take a chance and can't chop and change nearly as much as you did last year with keepers, it was ridiculous.

dave

17. Daniel

West brom? The guy looked like a cockerel at times last season, but without the arrogance if that's possible, why play him at a lower level if he has the confidence to play top level, if he does well it will shape him, of course if it goes disastrous who knows.

18. kained&able

kained&able Here for the football.

and you can't predict that nad have useless back up. Should have given him to ami-lower team for a season and grabbed friedl, givem, shwartzer or something for a season.

Y'know like city did hart, or manure did foster

dave

19. Lo Siento.

Lo Siento. Second As Farce

given just gone to villa apparently.

20. iROBOT

Yawn.

21. iROBOT

22. iROBOT

23. Daniel

The reason the Father gave doesn't make no sense, he doesn't want to play in the tournament with pressure on him?

Surely there is more pressure now as he HAS to perform to get more people interested so he can get more money, which is what I think his father has told him.

Apparently they didn't even turn up to an arranged meeting so Arsenal withdrew the offer.

24. iROBOT

This is what I've been reading, the father sounds like a dickhead. Apparently it was United that put the spanner in the works for us....We had him bar the signature and then they put their ore in and turned his head.

Real shame, he has the T.Henry's about him.

25. gunneradt

gunneradt Banned Banned

26. iROBOT

But not for long, he'd reach 75% internationals by the end of the year, plus we were going to go for a "special talent" visa (or something like that).

Well ManU have fucked up our bid for Smalling, Jones and now Campbell, being part of Man Us scouting network is becoming tiresome.

27. gunneradt

gunneradt Banned Banned

Afobe in squad for saturday

28. iROBOT

Kids did well in preseason reserves friendly v Hastings United last night final score 0-9

3 from JET and a brace from Freeman.

Afobe was withdrawn for the reason above. To be honest, getting the likes of Campbell is all well and good but I want to see Afobe, Freeman, JET, Chucks (and the rest) be given a chance. I belive they are as every bit as good as that Costa Rican kid.

29. Streathamite

Streathamite ideological dogmatist

I fully accept we need a backup keeper, despite the fact i think Chesney is excellent. But most urgent of all - WE NEED A BACKUP DM AND CB!!!

30. London_Calling

London_Calling Pleasant and unpatronising

Shay Given went for shrapnal again. Does he hate London, or something?