1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arsenal 2011/2012

Discussion in 'football' started by Diamond, Jun 8, 2011.

1. TruXta

TruXta Tired of this

Sounds like Liverpool. Apart from the money bit.
  2. Corax

Corax This will change your life: http://bit.ly/19lPFRa

When you contrast it with our transfer coup in capturing the vastly-experienced French international, you can hardly blame me for gloating.

Fuck me, I had no idea he was still being picked for France until I looked that up. Are their strike options even worse than ours? :eek:
  3. Gingerman

Gingerman Is a great bunch of lads.....

Still waiting for our first League win of 2012 :(
  4. TruXta

TruXta Tired of this

We just had ours! :D :( :hmm:
  5. paulhackett

paulhackett voiced by strother martin

I said to Milan: 'He's a good investment, he is improving, he's getting stronger, he's getting taller.' We took him."
  6. editor

editor Like an ultra left hatboy on heat

7. TruXta

TruXta Tired of this

8. Diamond

Diamond The Red Baron

Oxlade-Chamberlain - best young winger England's produced since when?

I certainly can't remember an English winger as fast, as two-footed, and as effective as him in my lifetime.
  9. TruXta

TruXta Tired of this

He's already looking better than Walcott.
    disco_dave_2000 likes this.
  10. Daniel

Daniel DelusionalDancer Since1991

Not hard.

Good game though, AOC played brilliantly, Walcott even had a good game, both wingers playing well to lead us to a very nice win.

7-1 against a 10 man blackburn?
    Maybe not that impressive but 3 points and a confidence boost for the squad in general and individual players, lovely.
  11. TruXta

TruXta Tired of this

Oh they had one sent off? I see...
  12. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Domination Snert

TBF Arsenal were already 3-1 up before the sending off and looking likely to add to that. Blackburn are awful though.
  13. Corax

I said before you signed him that he looked like a right sided Bale. Still gutted he went to the wrong team :(
  14. chieftain

chieftain Mega Gammon

What is it with Southampton and producing quality youngsters?
  15. Gingerman

40 goals in 41 premier league games for RVP.
  16. TitanSound

TitanSound Mr Beardy Drummer

I tried to get excited, but then remember all the other big scoring games we've had against shit teams in the past 6 years. If we could play like that against Man City, Chelsea, Man U etc...I'd get excited.
  17. Maurice Picarda

Maurice Picarda Expires 31/12/12

So, Gooners. What do you want tonight? Is fear of the hubcap fanciers stronger than tribal dislike of your more successful neighbours?
  18. London_Calling

London_Calling Pleasant and unpatronising

Whatever the result, it'll be the Ref's fault.
  19. paulhackett

paulhackett voiced by strother martin

[​IMG]
    iROBOT likes this.
  20. iROBOT

iROBOT CURRENTLY RE-BOOTING

Draw, works for us. And you rightly point out your superior position in the league and (indeed) you are playing some magnificent football but comments such as "your more successful neighbours?" is taking the piss (you cunt).....:mad:;)

Well, anyhow. I was lucky enough to be at the Blackburn on Sat, when it works it works very well. This level of performance has to be the standard we have to strive for. Once in five games isnt good enough. That day was both joyful and frustrating in equal measure for me.

Still, great to see the Ox score his first league goal. What a player! The much maligned Theo had a great game too, with those two on the flanks and RvP in the middle we might even have have a strick force that starts scaring teams.

Lets hope so. And in the Summer we buy Hazard (pretty please Wenger!!! :mad: )
  21. Party04

Party04 Well-Known Member

I'm really excited about Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. He looks a fantastic player with so many good attributes; pace, skill and most importantly the ability to score plenty of goals. Gutted I missed Saturday's match but looking forward to the Spurs game coming up later in the month - one that we HAVE to win.
  22. Party04

Party04 Well-Known Member

Has to be a Liverpool win.

Tottenham have yet to hit a bad patch this season but hope it happens soon! Harry Redknapp's trial hasn't affected them but they've got a few injury doubts tonight.
  23. Corax

Doesn't he just. :(

Oh well, at least I can like him when he's playing for England. :cool:
  24. deadringer

deadringer meat pie sausage roll

our bad patch was the first two games of the season :(
  25. Streathamite

Streathamite ideological dogmatist

simple - they've invested very heavily in youth development.
  26. Streathamite

v much a confidence building win that, but I'll be amazed if Blackburn stay up
  27. Streathamite

Liverpool FTw, deffo. Spurs current excellent performances are unnerving me after all those years of mediocrity, all I've got to look forward to is 'Arry being a colombion drug baron's cell-bitch
  28. Corax

We've not played much better this season than in recent previous ones to be honest. The difference has been in winning even when playing badly against the weaker teams, when in previous years we dropped points.
  29. Gingerman

30. Gingerman

Henry! Make him a statue! Oh wait... Bloody good result against a team in good form