1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Argentinas latest propaganda fail

Discussion in 'world politics, current affairs and news' started by likesfish, May 3, 2012.

1. likesfish

likesfish chanelling mike from spaced

2. two sheds

two sheds not as daft as i look

Doing something at the moment but I'll have a proper gander soon.

Captain Hurrah likes this.
  3. Teaboy

Teaboy Tryhard wannabe

You kind of expect him to open a can of strongbow or something at the end, it looks so much like a piss-take. I can't decide whether The Globe pub in Stanley is likely to be the best boozer in the world or the worst.

4. Bahnhof Strasse

Bahnhof Strasse wax weasel

Looks like it the Shetland Isles :hmm:

5. revol68

revol68 what, fucking what?

as an advert it's very well done, even if the content is fucking disgusting.

I suspect the usual fuckwits will overlook the jingoistic posturing of the Argentinian ruling class cos somehow they are anti imperialist blah blah.

Random likes this.
  6. revol68

revol68 what, fucking what?

and yeah it looks like a quaint wee fishing villlage off the north of Scotland.

7. dylanredefined

dylanredefined Not a house elf a tiger

Basically what it is. Think Dartmoor except the locals are friendlier.Why anyone would want to live their is beyond me but the Falklanders like it.

8. likesfish

apart from the DJ though. Our not terribly serious attempt to assinate Carol the Falklands Broadcasting Companys hapless female presenter ended in failure as she wasnt there:( but we did meet the bloke who was on duty when the argies were on Duty he told them to fuck off when the put a gun to his head mind you thats probably because he was a grumpy sod than particularly brave.
    BFBS the forces radio service used to mock the falklands radio peeps apprantly the uk goverment had brought them the latest studio and they didnt have a scooby about how all of it worked:)

9. Nice one

Nice one Well-Known Member

aired on the 30th anniversary of the sinking of the belgrano. The Globe was the pub that had seperate bar area for the squaddies/non-islanders

10. kebabking

kebabking Lazy Member

at 38/39 seconds the chappy is exercising on the war memorial in Stanley - how provocative is that?

i agree with the opinions above, they've shot themselves in the foot again - but CFK is just winding up the electorate with this crap, and she'll have to start delivering at some point, at which point it'll stop being a pathetic joke/propaganda fail and start being very, very serious.

11. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

You cont have to deliver on rhetorical bollocks. Sort of why they do it.

12. kebabking

kebabking Lazy Member

i'm not convinced - though i'd like to be - CFK is pushing this far harder than any Argentine president since the Invasion, and probably harder than any Argentine President other than the Junta who actually invaded. it looks to me like she's taken the issue well outside the normal little 'bubble' it occupies in Argentine politics where everyone gives it a little nod and then gets on with the rest of government and ignores the 'bubble' until its time for re-election.

yes theres a lot of scepticism in Argentina about her digging up of the issue, and yes she's got bigger problems to deal with, but isn't that the fundamental crux of this issue in Argentine politics - that even if you're a military dictatorship that has presided over million% inflation are throwing students out of planes over the Atlantc ocean, if you bang the Malvinas drum hard enough you'll get adoring crowds and 99% approval ratings?

13. butchersapron

This the end of her last election. It's what's left over. These are attempts to keep the ball rolling since late 2011. The state - all sides - knows damn well it's not going to war.

And during the junta there was not 99% approval - that's why they had to chuck students out over the atlantic ocean.

14. paulhackett

paulhackett voiced by strother martin

As an advert (piece of propaganda), it's excellent. But it's just an advert. The Malvinas as an issue isn't enough of a distraction in 2012 to cover more pressing concerns in Argentina.

15. Firky

Firky The first of the gang Banned

Craggy Island

likesfish likes this.
  16. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

I'm not sure they can compete as tourists, so I'd be mildly amused if the Argentinian hockey team had trouble getting visa's for the summer. :)

17. marty21

marty21 my gran was in the war with bombs and shit

I thought it was great - the Argies know there won't be another war, and they've got fuck all chance of convincing Britain to give them the Falklands - so they were having a dig..

ymu likes this.
  18. butchersapron

Are we any god at hockey anymore. I met sean kerly once.

19. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

Pretty much mid-table in international terms now. Came 4th in the the world cup in 2010.

20. kebabking

kebabking Lazy Member

true - but isn't she 'poisoning the pool' for future presidential candidates in that they will have to pander to the level of rhetoric she has set as the bar on this issue?

that said however, the Argentine media seem to have a bit of a downer on this latest idiotic attempt to stoke the fires - apparently the Athlete has said he only did it for the money...

21. likesfish

but managing to put union jacks and a red telephone case failing rather miserably:) though.

22. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

It is just a bit of needle. A bit daft really, but the fact that he runs on the war memorial pisses me off given that it's a Great War memorial not a Falklands War memorial, and therefore fuck all to do with Argentina.

twentythreedom likes this.
  23. Nice one

wasn't that the point? You can plant as many flags and red telephone boxes as you want but the land is still ours?

24. editor

editor Like an ultra left hatboy on heat

Looks like a tourist board advert sponsored by the UK government.

likesfish likes this.
  25. butchersapron

Not really. It was to wind up some british people and make some argies laugh.

26. marty21

marty21 my gran was in the war with bombs and shit

I think they were very successful - got people talking about it -

27. two sheds

two sheds not as daft as i look

Well I've watched it now so I'll overlook the jingoistic posturing of the Argentinian ruling class cos somehow they are anti imperialist.

28. Nice one

but artfully, and deliberately done - these are the symbols of an occupying force. And the thing we have to overcome.

You can almost hear the ad companies pitch creaking under the weight.

29. butchersapron

Of course it was deliberately done and of course they tried to make it good. Means nothing.

30. Pingu

Pingu Officially "Cool as Shit"

tbh i am looking forward to the youtube video responses.

claphamboy likes this.