1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple iPad (3) announced on 7th March 2012

Discussion in 'mobiles and tablets' started by editor, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Kanda

Kanda Nosh Wagon

I've actually played a night in Italy using this, is ok once you get used to it.
  2. B0B2oo9

B0B2oo9 You're all Gay

it's £14.... did you buy both and test them? or you just shooting out FACTS for a laugh?
  3. editor

editor Like an ultra left hatboy on heat

Really not sure what possible relevance the country has here :confused:
  4. Kanda

Kanda Nosh Wagon

None really, sorry to have bothered you with it. Does it really matter?
    B0B2oo9 likes this.
  5. editor

You specifically brought it up so I was wondering what the significance was. Or were you just trying to show off ?
  6. B0B2oo9

B0B2oo9 You're all Gay

He's just pissed he can't take his decks to work like i can.... or play them on the bus etc.
  7. Kanda

Kanda Nosh Wagon

Showing off? No. I just happened to be there on a ski trip and was asked to play a bar. I wouldn't have used it in the UK as I'd probably have access to my decks. Why this is bothering you so much is beyond me.... :confused:
  8. editor

You looked so cool on the bus too. Everyone was impressed, I bet.

:D
  9. editor

It's not bothering me at all. I find it rather amusing.

:)
  10. B0B2oo9

B0B2oo9 You're all Gay

Really not sure what possible relevance the Bus has here :confused:
  11. sim667

sim667 Licking windows on the 303 bus.

I have both.

The problem is with BPM recognition, djay does not detect bpm's correctly even on 4/4 tunes, so the pitch controls are useless. Last time I tried out djay you couldnt override the bpm or tell djay to pick it out of the id3 tags (all my tracks i use have the correct bpm's that i've set up in traktor in the ID3 tags).

meta.dj bpm detection is better for 4/4 tracks, but cant detect more complex beats. However there is some weird glitch with cue-ing where when you start the track it starts a bar earlier than you want it too, but for layout, syncing and effects meta.dj is much better. You can also incorpate loops into the tracks from loops producer which I've got (now that is good fun, but its not for mixing youre own tracks really, unless you want to build the loops on a computer and transfer). I need to get my freind to look at the cue problem, he thinks he's got an idea what may be causing it on the tracks ive got.

infact for all of the dj apps ive tried on the ipad, they're all pretty poor, but I always use meta.dj over djay. TBH the best way of using the ipad as a dj tool is to use the ipad as a wireless controller for a computer running traktor or similar software.

So no, im not shooting out FACTS for a laugh.
    B0B2oo9 likes this.
  12. B0B2oo9

B0B2oo9 You're all Gay

All right, no need to go on about it :D
    zenie likes this.
  13. sim667

I will say i think the starting the tunes problem in meta.dj is user error, ive googled and googled to work out what im doing wrong and can find nothing about it being a software problem, so its probably due to the fact I have no musical skills whatsoever :D

Oh i cant find a way to record either, but apparently its there :confused:
  14. Crispy

Crispy Fond of drink and industry

It has a tap for BPM feature, so you can match any beat, even non electronic/clicktrack tracks, as you can just set a cue point, tap for BPM and then hit play from cue on the beat.
  15. sim667

Thats new since i used it then.
  16. Kanda

Kanda Nosh Wagon

It's been there since it first came out I believe...
  17. B0B2oo9

B0B2oo9 You're all Gay

well anyway, i only said it was fun, and it's FUN.

FACT :D
  18. sim667

It definitely hasn't, because that was the reason I bought meta.dj
  19. pesh

pesh Well-Known Member

yes it has, push the BPM button above the pitch slider...
  20. sim667

I found it now, but I think i remember installing an update, it wasnt there before than (this was a year if not more ago)
  21. Kanda

Kanda Nosh Wagon

Yes it was :D
  22. pesh

pesh Well-Known Member

either learn to beatmix or RTFM of the software that does it for you tbh ;)
  23. sim667

I have read the manual, I signed up for their forum to ask, but they wont bloody approve me registration :facepalm:

I am getting beatmatching slowly, I can tell which is faster and which is slower if i know the tunes, if I dont im flummoxed though.
  24. Crispy

Pfft. Beatmatching is a skill for an obsolete technology. It's like being proud of knowing how to double de-clutch a non-synchronous gearbox. Very impressive, but we solved that problem you know? :D
    beesonthewhatnow likes this.
  25. editor

A bloke pressing a button on a screen isn't exactly a visual feast to watch though, is it?

Sometimes the technical skill is part of the performance and part of what people pay to see: that's why drummers haven't been made obsolete by drum machines.
  26. Crispy

If I ever find myself watching the DJ, I'll know I'm doing it wrong.
    beesonthewhatnow likes this.
  27. editor

Really? A lively DJ can make a huge difference to getting the dance floor moving. That's why clubs pay for them instead of just playing CDs/Spotify.
  28. Crispy

29. editor

Good job you don't run a club or a music pub then because you clearly don't know much about how these things work.
  30. Crispy

Good job you're here to educate me.