1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Android OS: list your killer apps

Discussion in 'mobiles and tablets' started by editor, May 18, 2009.

1. Redeyes

Redeyes Ptooff!

Apps I'm using on my Desire...

Places Directory - Pretty good but can have odd things in the wrong place like a local Indian restaurant in the cinema section, which had reviews for an Italian eatery in Cheetham Hill (which is about 20 miles away).

Snesoid
    Gameboid
    Astrid
    AK Notepad
    Google Sky Maps
    Screen Mode Widget
    Flickster
    Pure Calender
    Barcode Scanner
    beebPlayer
    Better Cut
    Compass
    Listen
  2. wtfftw

wtfftw toasted cheese debauchery

google goggles
  3. ohmyliver

ohmyliver poppin' like a cork

Juice Defender, does what it says on the tin, um, if the tin says "shut loads of things off when the phone is in standby mode to preserve battery life"
  4. bmd

bmd I'm happy just to be with you

Sounds like just the app for Glastonbury, cheers!
  5. Ozric

Ozric mostly learning guitar...

I use Astro quite a bit, it's quite a handy file manager.
  6. ohmyliver

you'll probably need one of them solar powered chargers as well for a long festival though
  7. bmd

Have you tried one? I'm wondering how practical it would be to leave the battery charging in one whilst at a festival. I'm probably gonna take another battery and turn the phone off as much as possible.
  8. ohmyliver

no but I'm very tempted, I wonder if it could be attached to a backpack or back of a jacket so it would charge as you went around yer business...
  9. bmd

A material that could be used to make clothing with, which would then charge any device about your person would be good.

No doubt it has already been invented but because the inventor has also designed the range of clothing it will never take off.
  10. ohmyliver

actually it does seem to have been (well ok, an allweather coat with solar panels built into the arms). Plus you can get backpacks with solar panel chargers in them. Quite spendy though.
  11. Redeyes

Redeyes Ptooff!

Has anyone tried this?

DJ Studio

Features:

- Graphical UI compatible with medium and large screens

- Real time waveform display

- Peaks dectection

- Automatique BPM detection

- Twin deck on the same screen

- Ability to choose your musics from your SDCard

- Search forward and backward

- Real time BPM control on the WAV files

- Real time picth control on the WAV files

- CUE function

- Loop function and ability to save the "in" and "out" positions

- Embedded effects samples such as horn, scratch effects, tape spinback, and more...

- Crossfading

[​IMG]

I got it off the android market for 3 euros but can't play with it as I'm stuck at work and have no music on my phone :facepalm:

Looks like it could be fun though.
  12. beesonthewhatnow

beesonthewhatnow going deaf for a living

No, but I'm about to :D
  13. mwgdrwg

mwgdrwg Bathing in the golden gloop

Any good then?
  14. beesonthewhatnow

beesonthewhatnow going deaf for a living

It's quite impressive, but the lack of a separate cue output prevents you from doing anything serious with it. Good fun though, and a nice demonstration of the power that's available in the Desire.
  15. noriise

noriise Well-Known Member

fyi - i just discovered that callibrating my keyboard made a massive difference in quality of typing!

Settings > Local & text > Touch Input > Text Input > Calibration Too

:)
  16. mack

mack Fact Me Till I Fart

17. bmd

Can anyone point me in the direction of a bulletin board reader? There used to be touchbb but it seems to be unavailable for Android now.
  18. cliche guevara

cliche guevara Well-Known Member

I use tapatalk. If you can't find an app on the market, it can usually be found by googling for the .apk. You'll have to allow install of non market apps mind.
  19. bmd

Nice one, thanks. :)
  20. subversplat

subversplat writer of wrongs

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I no longer type like a retired bare knuckle boxer threading a needle :)
  21. wtfftw

wtfftw toasted cheese debauchery

Does ChompSMS let you ignore/block sms from certain numbers/contacts? Or does anyone know a way/app to do so?

edit: ah ha. You can blacklist contacts on chompsms.
  22. ohmyliver

Magic 8 Ball. Simply because of the review "It really work cuz I told my friend dat she like dis guy n I asked it n it said she did n she did".
  23. editor

editor Like an ultra left hatboy on heat

24. Redeyes

Redeyes Ptooff!

After yesterdays firmware update Google Earth has apeared on the marketplace.

I've been using Swype for a few days now and I'm just getting used to it, pretty nifty it is too.
  25. noriise

noriise Well-Known Member

which upgrade? not the elusive one for the t-mobile g2 touch (still on v1.5)
  26. Redeyes

Redeyes Ptooff!

I got a prompt yesterday evening to do an 'over the air' upgrade to 1.21.405.2 (Firmware 2.1-update1)

I'm on Orange (unbranded HTC Desire handset via Carphone Warehouse)
  27. Epico

Epico wordsmiff

On the games front - the Red Club Poker application is a pretty sweet free Poker client for those who like that sort of thing.
  28. Redeyes

Redeyes Ptooff!

29. cliche guevara

cliche guevara Well-Known Member

Can it sync with outlook? Can anything?
  30. editor

editor Like an ultra left hatboy on heat