1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acid Pro Vocal Echo

Discussion in 'music making & live music' started by ResistanceMP3, Oct 9, 2007.

1. ResistanceMP3

ResistanceMP3 www.ResistanceMP3.org.uk

I have tried looking to the help files but I can't work it out, can anybody tell me what is the best way to put some echo on a vocal in an acid pro project?

Thanks in Anticipation, ResistanceMP3
  2. audiotech

audiotech wav, aiff, mp3, ogg, flac

....your question is more suited to the music making sub-forum.

You need to be in the mixer view. Locate track you wish to put reverb on. You can use the master track if you want it on the whole mix.

1) Click on FX icon (turns green when you scroll over it).
    2) Plug-in window will pop up.
    3) Choose your reverb. ;)
  3. Crispy

Crispy Fond of drink and industry

I shall move the thread.
  4. ResistanceMP3

I have gone through that procedure, and have even been able to select a different reverb setting, but there is no apply okay button in the pop-up. The only way to get rid of the pop-up is click on the x, but this does not apply the reverb to the original wave. Could you guide me further?
  5. audiotech

Press add, then OK - pop-up window disappears.

The reverb plug-in should be there and then you can alter the effect with sliders. Ensure the little box is ticked (default) near the top of the plug-in. To by-pass untick box.
  6. ResistanceMP3

7. audiotech

I see the song you're messing with is 'can't take my eyes of you'. :D

I have Acid Pro 4.0 and there appears to be a slight difference in the interface, but you seem to have a reverb plug-in loaded.

So, you have you messed with the sliders and pre-sets and still you don't get any reverb effect I take it on the specified track whilst it's playing?
  8. audiotech

I see what you're saying now. No, at this point in the proceedings the plug-in will not add reverb to the original wave, but you should still be able to hear the effect in real time?

Although, you will find that the reverb effect will have been added when you render down to a new wave file (file/render as). This can be either all of the tracks rendered into one, or specifically chosen tracks, or just one track.
  9. ResistanceMP3

:D actually I have retitled it, "Can Take My Eye off You". The lyrics I've written are based on a joke, with me using the open source loops that come with my version of acid pro six. send you a copy if you want, it is funny. got another one called "My Street Lord", equally funny.

yes I've done all the messing with the slight controls, and also tried it with some other plug-ins, such as the pitch shift pluggin, but there doesn't seem to be any effect. Surely you do not have to wait until you have rendered it to MP3 or something to hear the effect? How would you know whether the effect was at the level you required?

I will keep on trying to work this out, but in the meantime I just took the wave file into cool edit pro, added the Echo, and the effect was apparent in acid pro. This is not ideal, ideally you would want to be able to hear it all together, the vocal drums guitar etc, and then make the adjustment on-the-fly so you can put your effect at just the right level.
  10. audiotech

Sorry, forget about the rendering part. I was getting ahead of myself and clearly confusing you.

Yes in Acid you should hear the effect in real-time and be able to tweak it to how you want and I can't understand why you're not able to do that at your end?

Keep at it. You will figure it out.

Thanks for the offer PM me. ;)
  11. audiotech

Rmp3, I've just thought of something. :D

Normally in Acid Pro a default plug-in is loaded on any audio (not MIDI) track that is there - the plug-in being 'Track EQ'.

Do you see this?

Click on the green thingy on a recorded audio track you've done and you should see it?
  12. audiotech

Just found this tutorial which may help?

13. learydeary

learydeary Red Morty Kidd

I tend to edit a wav file usung a wav editor and just replace the track with the new one
    or place two tracks side by side the original wav & an echo one - you can set an echo /comp/effect only to use the mix- (without the original direct and then mix them together)

this keeps things simple and sometimes you can fill out the sound by havng a duplicate of the original - great for adding dimesion on drums & vocals and you can pan/mix things easily

I found having lots going on in ACID with the send /returns /lots of add ons it slows down & is prone to falling over