1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A lovely spell by the Ythan

Discussion in 'Scotland/Alba' started by Quartz, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Quartz

Quartz Contrarian plebeian

I went up to Newburgh to do a bit of seal-watching. They are, of course, utter cunts who know exactly when you're pointing a camera at them. :D But it was amusing to see the seals shooed off the beach by the armada of ducks.

It was a lovely afternoon. I was there for low tide. There were people swimming and playing in the water: they got out when the tide turned!
    Greebo likes this.
  2. pogofish

pogofish Testicle Hairstyle

I was up there just last week for work. On a truly awful shitty day that turned nice as soon as I left the place! :mad:

Best time I've found to go there is a low tide early in the morning - All sorts of interesting wildlife abounds and you can get pretty close to the seals.

This wasn't early but it was the last time I was down there on a good day with a camera.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:)
    weltweit, Greebo, Voley and 1 other person like this.
  3. Quartz

Gorgeous pics. That seal looks a little worried, though!
  4. pogofish

Its probably thinking "Its one of the guys with the strange machines. Nooooooo....!" :D

The seals will often respond to a whistle, like dogs and swim much closer. I would be wary of approaching a hauled-out one, especially with young nearby though. They can get quite aggressive.
  5. Quartz

6. pogofish

What did I say earlier!

Shame on the dog but this is the seal's natural home.
  7. pogofish

What did I say earlier!

Shame on the dog but this is the seal's natural home.
  8. pogofish

What did I say earlier!

Shame about the dog but this is the seals natural home.