1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

24 Hours in A&E (KCH) Ch4 (2nd series now on)

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by Minnie_the_Minx, May 11, 2011.

1. Minnie_the_Minx

Minnie_the_Minx purves grundy - definitely a bloke

Just in case anyone's interested or has friends that work there or if you've even been there yourself and want to spot people who've treated you etc.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/24-hours-in-ae

and just in case teuchter decides to point out this should be in the Camberwell thread...

fuck off teuchter :p
  2. xsunnysuex

xsunnysuex Is it that time already?

Been waiting for this. I've been there a fair few times. Will keep my eyes peeled for anyone I recognise. ;)
  3. Minnie_the_Minx

Same as. Another episode next week as well

Have seen them filming lots over the last couple of years, first for the series The Hospital, and then with this
  4. Brixton Hatter

Brixton Hatter cider i up

I was unlucky enough to be in kings whilst they were fiming this. I declined the opportunity to be filmed but I thought it was interesting how they filmed it, i.e. by using lots of fixed cameras (a'la Big Brother) instead of free-roaming cameramen following you around.
  5. London_Calling

London_Calling Pleasant and unpatronising

Sounds the same principle as 'One Born Every Minute' - presumably with similar fool incidental music, brave women and yer requisite idiotic man-child.

How many departments have they to get through before the trend passes . . .
  6. Minnie_the_Minx

Loads
  7. Gingerman

Gingerman Is a great bunch of lads.....

The bloke run over by the bus :eek:
  8. Minnie_the_Minx

but at least he managed to walk after 3 months :cool:
  9. Gingerman

Gingerman Is a great bunch of lads.....

The bit where he got up from his wheelchair and walked a few steps was :cool:
  10. bi0boy

bi0boy .

The wind chose that moment to blow some dust into my eyes. :mad:
  11. Minnie_the_Minx

Just got back from there and passed a room called Stoma. Saw a woman in an awful condition going in there last week, so this thread has reminded me to google Stoma
  12. Minnie_the_Minx

Bit of a late bump
  13. bi0boy

bi0boy .

Episode 3 was rather eventful - the guy who played keyboards on Telstar was being checked out for chest pains when a man walks in who'd been shot in the face.
  14. ash

ash Inittogether

God wasn't the Telstar bloke a pain, dronning on and on and on and on. Totally self obcessed
  15. Jangleballix

Jangleballix Better living through chemistry.

All strands in life's rich tapestry.
  16. Minnie_the_Minx

He did like to name drop a bit didn't he :D

I don't think the doc who was treating him had the slightest idea who the Tornadoes were :D
  17. xsunnysuex

I'm so glad that young boy survived. I really feared he wouldn't.
  18. Minnie_the_Minx

I missed the first 15 minutes. What had happened to him?
  19. xsunnysuex

He was hit by a car. He had a head fracture from the top of his head to his chin. I wasn't excpecting him to live. And neither were the medical staff. His poor dad was just sat on the floor praying. He was only 11 and was in a right poor state, bless hm.
  20. Minnie_the_Minx

ah, I was wondering what had happened to him. Didn't think it was gang related
  21. Mr Smin

Mr Smin Registered Luser

I never watched OBEM but features on A&E will never end for the same reason that people stop to look at traffic accidents. I watched 24h and it seemed a fair portrayal </ambulance hat>
  22. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Turned out nice again

^^ ^ this :)
  23. Minnie_the_Minx

:hmm::hmm:
  24. Minnie_the_Minx

Not necessarily. Some people might watch because they know people on the programmes or because they've been to that hospital or because they might learn something
  25. Mrs Magpie

Mrs Magpie On a bit of break...

I don't have a TV and I checked it out online because I've run to Kings A&E with my child in my arms also two of my children were born in Kings....one of the A&E nurses featured was great when my son bust his wrist badly and also I know people who work there.
  26. bi0boy

bi0boy .

Yes but that's not the "reason why features on A&E will never end".
  27. Minnie_the_Minx

Back next Wednesday (16th) with a new series
    5t3IIa likes this.
  28. Hocus Eye.

Hocus Eye. Snap, crop, scrap crap

I spent 4 hours in A&E in Torbay about a week ago. That will do me. (I was accompanying someone who got discharged at the end of it)

I used to watch Holby City - yes I know it is fictional, but now the sexy asian doctor has left I don't bother. Hospital documentaries I find a bit worrying. This is not a good time for the soon to be privatised NHS.
  29. Minnie_the_Minx

I watch Casualty and Holby. Also watch 24 Hours because it's based at King's and I'm there regularly :D
  30. purenarcotic

purenarcotic Conveniently Pocket Sized

I can't wait for this, it was so fucking brilliant last year.